Amazing Animation Analysis - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Amazing Animation Analysis - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Interesting topic. The scene you discuss is of course your own favourite, to each his own, and it is in fact a good scene. I do want to point out though some things. Not to denunciate you but rather more share some more thoughts about that scene, making it even more interesting:
- It is not gravity which is moving his arms outwards again (and of course, gravity would move them downwards, not upwards), but rather more the uncontrolled retracting power after overstretching his muscles. Enhancing what you correctly identified as being helpless/powerless in that very instant.
- The force/strength of the punch is indicated/enhanced by another thing: The camera can not keep up when he was hit.
- Everything what comes after the first few frames gives us more clues about how the protagonist in this scene experiences the "flight": The way upwards has been elongated compared to the downfall. Which already now indicates that he is aware that he had been hit and he will inevitably crash into something, waiting for it in powerless tragedy, knowing it will hurt. But already now, he is in control of his thoughts again. Not of his body, though.
- When he finally hit the lamp, it does in fact hurt and you feel his pain by seeing him suffer for some frames. But this also indicates one rather important thing: A normal human being would have been knocked out. Not the protagonist. He feels the pain and reacts to it, even fights it: His eyes are closed and he even seems to find the strength to shout by forcefully contracting his lungs. A normal human would have had his eyes open, gasp devious and not a single frame would be wasted on showing him "fight" the impact. If that would be the case, we as viewers would immediately think that the person is knocked out, or even dead. This not only is used in animation, but in gaming as well: People turn into ragdolls. The protagonist has the strength to fight the impregnable forces time and gravity itself, indicating that he is not only merely surviving such a beating, but stands (or will stand, in the course of the show) above such puny things.
- Crashing into the lamp gives the protagonist his awareness back, both mind and body. This also explaines why the downfall is rather short compared to the uprise. It felt like he was catapulted 10 meters hight where in fact, it was a maybe 3 meters. This pulls us viewers out of the subjective view of the protagonist back into reality.
- One rather large animation flaw you did not mention, but which is fairly common in eastern animation: The clothing does bump on the floor together with the movement of the body when he hits the ground. This is not how clothing behaves. But it enhances the feeling, that the protagonist is whole and in full control now again, even his clothes stick to his movements. He has survived the attack and is now rigid and strong.
Just some points. It's interesting to discuss.

TD-Careless/free TD-Careless/free

This can actually be applied to pretty much any profession, task or anything you do in your life. Many young adolescents experience this in the time span after 20. Life is a game where you can create your own rules to make it fun.

One of the best episodes so far!

STARBARIANS - Episode 3 (April Fools) STARBARIANS - Episode 3 (April Fools)

You know, your motion tweens and GoAnimate look actually more than decent compared to other animations. Gay Lobster for the win!

Me Me

Clever!
Rating hight as this additionally is made in HTML5 and is one of the very few which plays well on my system. Written yourself or with an engine?

JacktheCreative responds:

Thank you! I created "Me" with Construct 2: https://www.scirra.com/construct2

Learn to Fly 3 Learn to Fly 3

A game true to the style of LTF. And I loved those! Been clicking my fingers of with LTF idle just the other day. But unfortunately LTF3 is not too much fun to me.

Main problem: You have to sell the current item before seeing what else you can buy. Reading all the funny descriptions of what you are still ahead of was great fun in the previous episodes. Now, there is not much to see. The ready-button being hidden half the time is also not too clever. Got bored after 5 flights. Is there anyhting else than just watching the flight unfold? And the UI was lagging several seconds when switching between menus, options and gameplay and the website becomes almost unresponsive. This game needs polish.

At least you got rid of the annoying ads like there were in LTF2

Submachine 10: the Exit Submachine 10: the Exit

An epic saga and a hell of a masterpiece in beauty, sound and complexity this last episode is but faithful to and as usual enhancing all previous episodes even more. Delivers truely all what fans expected, being worth every second we all have been waiting for. This is how you close a story we having been following for over a decade.

Big thank you Mateusz Skutnik!

-Absent- -Absent-

Catchy. I like it when you use cut-sample voices.

One thing I would like to point out though is 2:16, where you start searching for a modulation with a major accord. I kinda got used to it as being your style but perhaps you could look more deeply into it as it still after all those years sounds like a misguided tone. Modulations between major and minor can make your songs way more interesting. You have been strong in major for years, now you slowly went to minor first, which I find fantastic. Try to pimp it up with some classic Waterflame-major-lightness with a smooth modulation in between. Just a suggestion. Keep on doing what you do!

Spaze Unofficial - Mischief [SR#09] Spaze Unofficial - Mischief [SR#09]

Heard this in NG Radio today. It's my new ringtone!

SpazeUnofficial responds:

Oh, shit! That's awesome! :D

-Control: Sentiment- -Control: Sentiment-

This is of the control series! No wonder I can't stop listening!
I just looked into my music collection: Listened to all of the first three controls over 300 times each. Including your album "Green"
This forth piece is no exception. I like the extremely dry bass. And I just learned a new word:

donk!

wonderboy in monsterland fanart wonderboy in monsterland fanart

Owlboy,Seasons after Fall, Hollow Knight and now Wonderboy... We definitely share the same taste in games!

Crounchann responds:

Haha good to know :) so you might be waiting for "cuphead" too?...

Pad-Sriracha Pad-Sriracha

Nice idea. Yeah, she would probably pull this off. :)
Like the detailed and smooth fingers!

TARBOY TARBOY

Everybody thinks it, I say it: Let Tarboy and Samuray Jack team up!